Awards and honors
- 1973 University Prize for Excellent Students, Charles Uni versity, Prague
- 1974 Prize for research on pharmacology Charles University, Prague
- 1984 Award of the Scientific Committee of the Psychiatric Research Institute, Prague, for the best publication of the year
- 1985 Diploma of honor, Czechoslovak psychiatric society of the Czechoslovak Medical Society of J.E.Purkynje.
- 1990 Presidential Price of the Czechoslovak Medical Society J.E.Purkynje for the book "Neuroendocrinology in Psychiatry"
- 1991 Cited in "Who's Who in Czech Republic". Cited in "Men of Achievement", International Biographical Center, Cambridge, U.K. Cited in "5000 PERSONALITIES OF THE WORLD", American Biographical Institute, USA. Cited in "Who is Who in Intellectuals". Cited in "Dictiona ry of International Biography", 1992, 1993. "Interna tional Register of Profiles", IBC, Cambridge,1992. "Men & Women of Distinction", IBC, 1991. "The Inter national Directory of Distinguished Leadership", fourth ed., ABI, U.S.A., 1993, fifth ed.,1994.
- 1992 Stanley Award (Theodore and Vada Stanley Foundation, Research Awards Program, Virginia, U.S.A.)
- 1995 Prize of the Czech neuropsychopharmacological society for the work: D.Řípová, V.Němcová, P.Mohr, A.Strunecká, C.Höschl: Postreceptor signal systems in schizophrenia.
- 1996 MRCPsych (Royal College of Psychiatrists, Great Britain)
- 1997 Golden Medal of Charles University
- 1997 Golden Medal of 3rd Faculty of Medicine, Charles University
- 1997 Clarence Blomquist Medal of Swedish Medical Society
- 1997 Prof. Lubomír Hanzlíček's Award (Paul Janssen Foundation) for the best publication in psychiatry in 1996
- 1998 Memory medal on the occasion of 650th anniversary of Charles University
- 1999 Cited in: Who‘sWho in the World, 16th ed., Marquis 1999, New Providence, USA.
- 2000 Extraordinary Diploma of the Minister of Health of the Czech Republic for significant contribution to activity of Internal Grant Agency of Ministry of Health (IGA MZ), and achievements in Czech medical research.
- 2000 Honorary Diploma of the Minister of Health of the Czech Republic for merits in the position of chairman, Review Committee of the Scientific Council of IGA, and merit in Czech medical research.
- 2003 - onwards FRCPsych (Royal College of Psychiatrists, Great Britain) - fellow
- 2003 "Kuffner " Prize of the Czech Psychiatric Society for the year 2002 awarded for the book Höschl C., Libiger J., Švestka J. (editoři). Psychiatrie, Praha, Tigis 2002.
- 2003 Prof. Lubomír Hanzlíček's Award (Paul Janssen Foundation) for the best publication in psychiatry in 2002. (For the comprehensive textbook of psychiatry: Höschl C., Libiger J., Švestka J. (eds): Psychiatrie, Praha, Tigis 2002.)
- 2003 Author of a chapter in the book Ruzicka et al.:Differential diagnostics and treatment of dementias. Praha, Galen 2003 (in Czech); awarded with National Psychiatric Prize of Vladimir Vondracek in the year 2003.
- 2005 "Kuffner" Prize of the Czech Psychiatric Society for the year 2004 awarded for the book Seifertová D., Praško J., Höschl C. (eds.): Guidelines in the reatment of mental disorders. Academia Medica Pragensis, Praha, 2004; 472 p. ISBN 80-86694-06-2. Output to the project LN00B122 Centre of neuropsychiatric studies of the Ministry of education, youth and sports.
- 2005 Prof. Lubomír Hanzlíček's Award (Paul Janssen Foundation) for the best publication in psychiatry in 2004. (Seifertová D., Praško J., Höschl C. (eds.): Guidelines in the reatment of mental disorders. Academia Medica Pragensis, Praha, 2004; 472 p. ISBN 80-86694-06-2. Output to the project LN00B122 Centre of neuropsychiatric studies of the Ministry of education, youth and sports.).
- 2006 Honorary member, Psychiatric Association of the Slovak Medical Society.
- 2007 Prize of Foundation Universitas
- 2008 The Prize of the Czech Neuro-Psychopharmacological Society for the best poster presented at 50th Czech-Slovak psychopharmacological annual meeting, Jan 9-13, 2008, Jesenik Spa.
- 2008 Most read Psychiatry news, Doctor's Guide, April 2008: Höschl C., Švestka J.: Escitalopram for the treatment of major depression and anxiety disorders. Expert Rev. Neurotherapeutics 8, 2008; 4:537-552
- 2008 Horáček J, Brunovský M,Tišlerová B,Novák T,Tintěra J,Ibrahim I, Španiel F,Mohr P, Höschl C: Ketamine influence on the brain acitivity detected using pharmaco-magnetic resonance in the model of schizophrenia. The best poster, 7th Congress of the Czech psychiatric association, Špindlerův Mlýn, June 12-15, 2008.
- 2008 "Ceska hlava" [=Czech mind] Prize winner 2008 (The Prize of the chairman of governmental R&D Council).
- 2009 Most popular psychiatric paper, Doctor's Guide, March 2009
- 2009 American Psychiatric Association (APA) - International Distinguished Fellow
- 2009 Honorary presidential medal on the occassion of 60th birthdday
- 2009 "Senior Research Fellow", Bedfordshire Centre for Mental Health Research in association with the University of Cambridge.
- 2010 Prize of the Czech Neuro-Psychopharmacological Society for the best clinical paper in 2009 (co-author)
- 2010 Honorary member, Psychiatric Association of the Czech Medical Society of J.E.Purkynje.
- 2011 Prize of the Czech Neuro-Psychopharmacological Society for the best clinical paper in 2010 (co-author)
- 2011 Grand Prize of the Academia Film Olomouc 2011 for lifetime achievements in popularization of science
- 2012 Prize of the Czech Neuro-Psychopharmacological Society for the best clinical paper (co-author): Cena ČNPS za nejlepší klinickou práci v roce 2010 (spoluautor): Bareš et al., Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. (2010) 20: 459–466.
- 2012 Hippocampal volumes in bipolar disorders: opposing effects of illness burden and lithium treatment. Bipolar Disord. 2012 May;14(3):261-270 among Weeks best articles on mood disorders and Weeks best articles on neuropsychopharmacology on MDLinx
- 2012 Kraepelin-Alzheimer-Medal (Munich, Germany) for excellent work in psychiatric research and care.
- 2013 Award "EPA Leaders involved in the Historical change in EPA Statutes"
- 2013 Mensa of the Czech Republic: honorable mention for significant contribution to the intelligence of the nation, promotion of intellectual culture and spreading the good name of the Czech Republic in the world
- 2013 Honorary member, Czech Society for Biological Psychiatry
- 2014 Student's Award (3rd Faculty of Medicine, Charles University of Prague) for lifelong merits in medical education
- 2014 Commemorative plaque "for long-term cooperation and powerful impetus to the development of the hospital and for significant contribution to the development of psychiatry in Slovakia", awarded on the occasion of the 90th anniversary of the Psychiatric Hospital of Philippe Pinel in Pezinok, Slovakia.
- 2015 Prize of the Czech Neuro-Psychopharmacological Society for the best paper of the year (co-author):
- 2016 Elsevier Reviewer Recognition. Certificate of reviewing EUROPEAN PSYCHIATRY, 2016
- 2016 Order of laurel. Award given by Economic Chamber of the Czech Republic for Lifetime Achievements and Scientific popularisation in psychiatry.
- 2017 Honorary member, Czech Neuropsychopharmacological Society (CNPS)
- 2017 Honorary member, European Psychiatric Association (EPA)
- 2017 Best lecture at XVII. National Conference of Biological Psychiatry with international participation, Luhačovice 7-10 June 2017: Höschl C, Horáček J. Duše jako imunomodulátor [Soul as immunomodulator].
- 2017 Kuffner Prize of the Czech Psychiatric Association for the publication: Horáček J, Kesner L, Höschl C, Spaniel F (eds). Mozek a jeho člověk, mysl a její nemoc [Brain and its person, mind and its illness]. Galén, 2016
- 2019 Prize of the Society for Science and Arts Prague 2019
- 2019 Heveroch's medal on the occasion of a significant jubilee of Cyril Hoeschl's life and for his long-term work in favor of psychiatry.
- 2019 Prize of the Governor of the Central Bohemia Region for the year 2019 in the category Education, Science and Research
- 2019 Historical Medal of Charles University for Merit in Psychiatry, Medical School, and University. Charles University, Prague, December 2019.
- 2021 Commemorative medal for merit in the building and establishment of the National Institute of Mental Health
- 2022 Gold Commemorative Medal of the Czech Medical Association of Jan Evangelista Purkyně
- 2023 Arnošt Lustig Prize for the year 2022